The Nelson Family
2 (6 oz.) jars
wild rice (I use Canoe brand)
artichoke quarters, drain well and reserve liquid
bite size cooked chicken (I bought a chicken already cooked) You could also use shrimp or serve vegetarian style too
red bell pepper, chopped
chopped black olives
celery ribs, chopped
green onions, chop green part only
leaf lettuce - serve on this for decoration
- Cook rice according to package directions. It is best to do this the day before so the rice has a chance to soak up liquid overnight.
- Drain artichoke and reserve liquid. You may need it if rice is too dry.
- Cut other vegetables.
- Stir mayo and curry.
- Adjust the mayo and curry flavor to suit your taste buds.
- Toss dressing into rice, chicken and vegetable (minus artichokes – add before you serve) mixture.
- Salt to taste.
- Cover and chill for 6-8 hours so flavors soak into rice.
- If rice mixture is dry just make more mayo and curry for more flavor or just add a little more artichoke juice.
- NOTE: The first time I made this it was too watery and the dressing gets diluted. Now I put the artichoke (well drained) in right before I serve.
- Serves a large party.