pork crown roast
your favorite bread stuffing
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Season meat with salt and pepper. Place meat bone ends up in open shallow roasting pan: wrap bone ends in aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. To hold shape of roast, place small oven-proof bowl or cup in crown.
- Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of meat and does not rest on fat or bone. Do not add water. Do not cover. Roast 30-35
minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
- One hour before meat is done, remove bowl from center of crown: fill crown with your choice of bread stuffing (or try ours). Use about 8 cups of stuffing for a 8-pound crown.Cover just the stuffing with aluminum foil during first 30 minutes.
- When roast is done, remove foil from bone ends and replace with crab apples or paper frills. Optional: garnish stuffing with sliced ater chestnuts.
- To carve, remove stuffing to serving bowl; cut between ribs.