ground red pepper
ground coriander seeds
garlic cloves, minced
skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (8 oz.) carton
plain fat-free yogurt
1 (6 oz.) can
3 1/2 cups
cubed peeled baking potato (about 2 pounds)
4 1/2 cups
hot cooked basmati rice
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring freq1uently.
- Add chicken; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine yogurt and tomato paste; stir with a whisk.
- Add yogurt mixture, potato, and water to pan.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice; top with tomato.
- 9 servings (serving size: 1 cup curry mixture, ½ cup rice, and about 1 tablespoon tomato).