4 (6 oz)
boneless chicken breast or thighs halves
freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons
garlic clove, minced
fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons
dried herbs de Provence (find it at Penzeys spices)
fresh lemon juice
fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to ½ inch thickness using a meat mallet or polling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add broth and herbs de Provence, bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to ½ cup (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat; add butter and lemon juice, stirring until butter melts.
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast or thigh half and about 2 tablespoons sauce.)