chicken thighs, boneless skinless
low fat chicken broth
raw ginger chopped fine
fresh lemon juiced
- Brown chicken in olive oil then remove to plate.
- Add spices including ginger to pan to lightly toast (watch carefully, do not burn).
- Add onion and garlic and let sauté until translucent.
- Add dates, apricots and reserved chicken to pan then pour all of the chicken broth over and stir.
- Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Just before serving add lemon juice and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
- Serves 6.